Sunday, January 3, 2010

Days 2 & 3 of Giving Challenge: Excitement

Ever get so excited about giving a gift that you specifically picked out for someone? Well, that's how I felt for days 2 & 3 of the Giving Challenge! It didn't start out that way, however. On the second day, I found myself racking my brain, thinking carefully what to do, who to give to, and how to give. I wanted to make sure the gift was thoughtful and specific to my recipient. When I finally decided on the details of said gift, I could feel the excitement growing as if it was Christmas Day. I imagined watching in anticipation the look on my friend's face when she would "open" her gift. A simple Thank You text. It's amazing how something that appears so small and insignificant could make me feel so much enthusiasm. I also felt a sense of mystery, like keeping an extravagant secret. Today, this third day, I felt like I was on a covert mission as I surprised my mom with washing her dishes and throwing in her last load of laundry. She didn't even notice the dishes had been washed which made me feel even more delighted! Excitement, enthusiasm, and delight weren't the only gifts I had already received as a result from participating in this challenging...I found myself being offered gifts from others! My website designer knocked off $20 off my monthly bill, a friend treated me to brunch, and my mom gave me a new blouse. Coincidence? I think not! *wink, wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment