Saturday, May 16, 2009

Counseling Awareness Month TV Appearance


April was Counseling Awareness Month and as a way to promote awareness of my profession, I partnered with KHSL's local morning TV program, Wake Up! My first appearance was April 10, 2009 and the topic was Stress & The Economy. I remember arriving at 6 am sharp and following producer, Sarah, into the studio. I was nervous not having done live TV before. Megan McDonald, the co-anchor, was at the news desk waiting for her cue. She smiled and said, "Good morning", and suddenly I was at ease. It's the same feeling I hope I'm able to give my clients when they arrive at my office for the very first time. I shared this with Megan and thanked her for her warmth. And then 30 minutes later, Rob Blair, the other co-anchor, who would be interviewing me, was adjusting my mic so it could not be seen. A mic check was done and soon after, the interview began. How quickly it all went! It's all a blur now. But I think the important thing I will take with me is the importance of making one feel comfortable in my office because my clients could be just as nervous as I was that Friday morning.

I encourage to listen to this audio link
if you would like info on How to Manage Stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment